- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttermilk Chocolate Cake Sauce Recipe
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 737 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg
Sodium 39.3 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 171 g57.1%
Dietary Fiber 39.8 g159.3%
Sugars 103.4 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 17.9% Iron 94.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Line a 9" x 12" pan with waxed paper and grease it.
3) In a saucepan, combine cocoa, white sugar and hot water.
4) Place the saucepan, over low heat to cook.
5) Beat in egg yolk and vanilla into the sauce. Place the saucepan aside to cool.
6) In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
7) Add eggs and egg white to beat in.
8) Fold in cooled chocolate sauce into the egg mixture.
9) Mix buttermilk by adding the baking soda.
10) In another bowl, sift together cake flour and baking powder.
11) Alternately, add buttermilk and flour mixture to the egg mixture.
12) Use a 9" x 12" pan lined with waxed paper, to spread the batter.
13) Place inside oven to bake for 45 minutes.
14) Cool the cake over rack.
15) Ice the cake with your choice of icing and serve.