- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Style Cheesy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe Video
|Seasoning||1 Tablespoon (Keith'S Complete)|
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), down cake flour sifted|
|Unbleached flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen crisco||2 Tablespoon (Butter Flavor)|
|Bacon grease||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Plus More For Tops)|
Calories 984 Calories from Fat 508
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.9%
Saturated Fat 28.9 g144.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.4 mg
Sodium 1283.3 mg53.5%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.4%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 26 g52.3%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 78.9% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Sift together flour Add sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a medium bowl.
3) Slice frozen fats into small cubes and use a pastry knife or fork or pastry blender to cut shortening/fats into flour until it resembles cornmeal.
4) Mix buttermilk, whipping cream, and butter extract together. Gradually add milk mixture and stir with fork until mixture just comes together
5). Roll dough slightly on floured surface to 1/2 inch thickness and fold into 3.
6) Cut biscuits with biscuit cutter or cup, place on greased sheet tray.
7. Drizzle each biscuit with butter milk, top with cheese and Keith's Complete seasoning.
Bake in 450-degree oven for 8-10 minutes
This video is a creation of keithcookstv. You can visit keithcookstv for complete recipes, and more videos.