- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttermilk Blintzes Recipe
|Cake flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 838 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.3%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 698.9 mg
Sodium 811.1 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 38 g75.8%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 11.3% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium dry bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar. Keep aside.
2. In a large bowl, break eggs.
3. Use an electric beater or a wire whisk to beat the eggs until well blended and thick,
4. While whisking constantly but lightly, fold in the dry ingredients, alternately adding buttermilk. Alternately, make the batter in a food processor if you like, stopping the motor once or twice to scrape flour from the side of container with a rubber spatula.
5. Once the batter is smooth, cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cooking.
6. Heat a lightly oiled 6-7 inch crepe pan or frying pan, preferably non-stick.
7. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan. They should bounce about.
8. Use a ladle or a measure cup to pour 1/4 cup batter in the center of the pan.
9. Quickly and swiftly swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly in a thin layer.
10. Cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned at the bottom and top surface is dry to touch.
11. Remove onto a wax paper lined plate.
12. Continue to make remaining blintzes and stack to cool.
13. Fill blintzes with your choice of filling like cherry or cream cheese, brown in butter and serve topped with sour cream and preserves if you like.