- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
KFC Buttermilk Biscuits - CopyKat.com Recipe Video
|Self rising flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Buttermilk/Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Butter||10 Tablespoon (1/2 cup chilled and 2 tablespoon melted)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 570 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.6 mg
Sodium 1046.4 mg43.6%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 16.5% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Cut butter into small cubes. .
3. In a bowl combine self rising flour, sugar and cream of tartar.
4. Add in the butter, and cut butter into the flour mixture or until it forms sand grained texture.
5. Stream in buttermilk, and stir buttermilk into the dough.
6. On floured surface place the dough shape into a round shape.
7. Using a rolling pin roll out dough to about 3/4 inch thick.
8. Using a biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Brush tops of biscuits with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
10. Bake the biscuits for 12 to 15 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
13. Serve as desired