- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Pecan Sandies (Grandson Carter Helps) Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (either all-purpose or self-rising flour)|
|Chopped pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg
Sodium 1.3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g2.9%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Using an electric mixer beat until fluffy and airy.
2. Stir in vanilla and water. Mix well.
3. Add flour and mix to combine. Stir in chopped pecans, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and pop it in the refrigerator to chill for 4 hours. You can also make plain Sandies.
4. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
5. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
6. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking pan. If desired, flatten the balls for flatter cookies.
7. Pop the pan in a 325 degree F oven and bake for 8 minutes or until golden. Keep a close watch on them and remove from the oven when golden.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and transfer it to a cooling rack. Allow it to cool.
9. Serve with icing or plain.