- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Cake yeast||1 Ounce|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 938 Calories from Fat 474
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.6%
Saturated Fat 30.6 g152.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 226.7 mg
Sodium 76.7 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 53.4 g
Protein 13 g25.3%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 350°.
2) In 1/4 cup warm water dissolve yeast.
3) Stir in 2 tablespoons sugar.
4) Mix flour, softened butter and a little salt.
5) Mix well as pie dough.
6) Blend in egg yolks, vanilla and 1/4 cup sugar to the yeast mixture.
7) Mix thoroughly and divide into thirds.
8) Roll like long rectangle and cut each piece into 10 or 12 triangles.
9) Prepare filling with stiffly beaten egg whites, 1/2 cup sugar, chopped nuts and cinnamon.
10) Spoon the mixture into each triangle and fold.
11) Grease a tin and place on it point down. Don't let it rise.
12) Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
13) Serve with a thin line of icing on top.