- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butterfly Prawns Recipe
|Raw king prawns||4 Pound, shelled|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Lukewarm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 103 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Get the shelled raw prawns from the markets that have proper tails.
2. Devein prawns and dry well. Press to flatten them slightly.
3. In a bowl, sift flour and salt to make a well in the centre. Pour in water and oil. Stir to mix well.
4. Let it stand for 3 hours or until needed.
5. Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites before using further.
6. Add prawns and stir to coat.
7. In a frying pan, deep fry the prawns for 3 minutes or until golden and cooked. Don’t fry too many prawns at a time.
8. Drain and serve hot.