- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Butterflied Leg Of Lamb Recipe
|Leg lamb||5 Pound, butterflied and flattened|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Dark brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed with little salt|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mint sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 382
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.3%
Saturated Fat 17 g85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.9 mg
Sodium 657.7 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 54 g107.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 475°F.
2) In a small bowl, put together lemon juice, brown sugar, crushed garlic, mustard, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3) Add oil little by little mix it thoroughly.
4) Brush the lamb with marinade one hour before cooking and leave it covered in refrigerator.
5) Put the lamb on a wire rack in a roasting pan.
6) Roast on the highest shelf of the oven for 10 minutes on each side,
7) Brush the lamb frequently with the sauce, to keep it moist.
8) Remove from the oven, cool a bit and cover.
9) Slice it thin, diagonally
10) Serve it warm or at room temperature, with mint sauce on side.