- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttered Cabbage Wedges Recipe
|Cabbage head||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 269.4 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 86.5%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut and discard outer leaves from cabbage.
2) Wash the cabbage head and cut into 8 wedges.
3) In a large skillet, pour 1/2 cup water and bring to boil.
4) Add salt to th water, then cabbage.
5) Cover and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
6) Add butter; stir until melted and cabbage is coated.
7) Sprinkle pepper over buttered cabbage before serving.
8) Serve buttered cabbage as appetizer or a low-calorie meal with some bread.