- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttered Savoy Cabbage Recipe Video
|Savoy cabbage||250 Gram|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.9 mg9%
Sodium 786.9 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 32.3%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut away any damaged or discolored outside leaves.
2. Cut the savoy cabbage into quarters and remove the thick centre stalk.
3. Carefully shred the remaining cabbage and place it in a colander and wash it well under cold running water.
4. Allow to drain.
5. Cut the butter into small cubes.
6. Pour enough water in a large saucepan to cover the savoy when added to turn about 3cm deep.
7. Bring to the boil and add salt to taste.
8. Add the savoy cabbage carefully to the saucepan a handful at a time, for we want the water to keep boiling at all times.
9. Keep pressing the savoy down with a wooden spoon to keep it under the boiling water.
10. Boil the savoy cabbage for 5–6 minutes, remove from the heat and drain in a colander and drain well.
11. Tip the well-drained savoy cabbage into a clean bowl and add the cubes of butter.
12. Season with a few twists of freshly milled black pepper.
13. Use a rather blunt knife to cop the butter into the savoy cabbage.
14. Serve on warmed plates or a warmed serving dish.