- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttered Pasta With Pistachios Recipe Video
|Butter||6 Ounce, clarified|
|Pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shelled and coarsely chopped|
|Shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop|
|Pancetta||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), dice (Optional)|
|Spaghettini pasta||14 1⁄2 Ounce (Cooked as per box instructions)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), halved|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly cut|
Calories 423 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.8 mg17.6%
Sodium 171.4 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the clarified butter: Clarify butter by melting in a skillet over medium heat. Continue cooking until butter is foamy on top. and set aside.
2. Allow solids to sink to the bottom and skim remaining solids from the top.
3. Pour off clarified butter from solids at bottom. (Yields 6 tablespoons of clarified butter)
4. Combine clarified butter, pistachios, shallots and pancetta in skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Stir until until pistachios are lightly toasted and shallots are translucent.
6. Remove from heat and add pasta, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and parsley.
7. Toss to mix well.
8. Place back on heat for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
9. Next, season with more parmesan cheese.
10. Plate and serve hot or warm.