- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buttercream Centres Recipe
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cointreau/Other orange liqueur||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2411 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 2.4 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 608 g202.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 605.1 g
Protein 0.31 g0.63%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.3% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 2-quart heavy saucepan and add water, sugar and cream of tartar to it and cook until the mixture reads 239°F on the candy thermometer. This may take about 15 minutes. Stir the mixture continuously until the sugar is mixed, but stop stirring when the mixture starts boiling.
2. Take a huge and heavy baking sheet and paper towel and moisten it with water.
3. Clean the baking sheet with moisten towel and immediately pour the mixture onto it by the time it reaches 239°F.
4. Allow the mixture to rest for about 4- 5 minutes until it turns lukewarm.
5. Scrape the mixture to one side using the rubber spatula and to other side back and forth until the mixture is creamy and cold. The mixture will turn into thickened white mass within 10 minutes.
6. Scrape or knead the bread dough for about a minute until it leaves that grainy texture. You can either use hands or spatula to do so.
7. Make 3 separate parts of the mixture and make an indention using the finger.
8. Spoon ½ tsp butter in each indention along with 1½ tsp maple syrup in one and ½ tsp Cointreau in other and ¼ tsp cocoa in the third.
9. Knead the balls until the butter and flavoring blends well.
10. Arrange each flavored ball into separate bowl, cover and refrigerate it for about a day.
11. If it is ready to dip then shape these balls between lightly cornstarched hands and arrange them on plates.
12. Leave them aside for about half an hour of room temperature and dry them out slightly before dipping.
13. Serve as required.