- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Arugula Bacon And Butter Bean Side Dish For Pork Recipe Video
|Bacon strips||4 , null (Null)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon, null (Null)|
|Salt||To Taste, null (Null)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste, null (Null)|
|Butter beans||15 Ounce, drained and rinsed (Null)|
|Garlic||3 , null (Null)|
|Arugula||1 Cup (16 tbs), null (Null)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon, null (Null)|
Calories 868 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.9 mg2%
Sodium 496 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g45.8%
Dietary Fiber 40.8 g163.3%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 49 g97.3%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 20% Iron 91.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Put the olive oil in a pan and add the bacon slices. Crisp the meat on medium heat.
2) Once the bacon is quite crisp, add the butter bean. Do not drain the bacon fat as that would act as the sauce.
3) Add the black pepper and salt and mix well. Let the ingredients cook for about 3 minutes.
4) Add the garlic, toss and cook quickly for about 30 seconds.
5) Next, add the arugula and cook well. As soon as the greens have wilted turn off the heat.
6) Squeeze a lemon all over and toss once again.
7) Transfer the cooked beans and greens to a serving bowl and serve as preferred, hot or at room temperature. This makes an excellent side dish.
For more information please visit:http://foodwishes.com