- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butter Rolls Recipe
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105 To 115 Degree F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sifted self rising flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs) (All Purpose Flour)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon, melted (3/4 Stick)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3906 Calories from Fat 1595
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 181 g278.1%
Saturated Fat 73.4 g367.1%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 405 mg
Sodium 7602.5 mg316.8%
Total Carbohydrates 516 g171.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 100.4 g
Protein 47 g94.5%
Vitamin A 49.9% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 118.9% Iron 116.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. If possible, check temperature of warm water with thermometer. Sprinkle yeast over water in large bowl, stirring until dissolved.
3. Into large mixing bowl, sift together flour and sugar. Stir in cooled shortening, yeast and egg; beat vigorously with wooden spoon until well blended. Knead in bowl until dough is smooth.
4. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place (85°F.), free from drafts, until double in bulk—about 1 hour.
5. Punch down dough, and refrigerate several hours.
6. To shape: On sheet of waxed paper or very lightly floured pastry cloth, roll half the dough 1/2 inch thick.
7. Cut with a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Dip in melted butter; fold over so that larger part overlaps. Repeat with remaining half of dough. .
8. Place, 1 inch apart, on lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place (85°F.), free from drafts, until double in bulk—1 1/2 to 2 hours. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F.
9. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden-brown. Serve hot.