- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butter Roast Chicken with Herbs Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound (1 1/2 Kilogram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.3%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.8 mg
Sodium 162.4 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 0.34 g0.11%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.32%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 35 g69.3%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the chicken cavity by removing the giblets and wipe with paper toweling.
2. Preheat the oven to 400Â°F (200Â°C or Gas No. 6)
3. In a small bowl, combine 2 oz butter, seasonings, herb and garlic.
4. Beat until well blended and creamy.
5. Spoon the herbed butter into the cavity of the bird.
6. Seal the tail-end of the chicken with a skewer or stitch using a trussing needle and thread.
7. In a roasting pan, place chicken on its side.
8. Spreading remaining butter on top of the bird.
9. Place pan on middle level of preheated oven.
10. Roast the bird for about 60 minutes, basting it every 20 minutes and turning the bird over.
11. Turn the chicken with breast portion upwards during last 20 minutes of cooking.
12. Remove from oven and let the bird rest for 10 minutes before serving.
13. Place in a casserole pouring the buttery juices over the bird.
14. Carve into serving portions and serve with the herb-flavoured butter spooned on top.