- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butter Pecan Torte Recipe
|Pastry flour||375 Milliliter|
|Baking powder||10 Milliliter|
|Granulated sugar||180 Milliliter|
|Pecans||125 Milliliter, broken|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3754 Calories from Fat 1512
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 175 g269.4%
Saturated Fat 54.2 g271.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 607.5 mg
Sodium 1376.1 mg57.3%
Total Carbohydrates 497 g165.7%
Dietary Fiber 49.7 g198.9%
Sugars 192.8 g
Protein 79 g158.1%
Vitamin A 53.7% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 129.1% Iron 34.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (111°C).
2. Take a bowl and sift flour, baking powder and salt into it.
3. In another bowl add butter and sugar and cream it well until it turns fluffly and light.
4. Beat the eggs nicely after each addition.
5. Fold in flour and milk in thirds into the cream mixture.
6. Add nuts and vanilla.
7. Take 8" (20 cm) spring form pan flour it and butter it suitably.
8. Bake the mixture in oven for about 45 minutes at 350°F (180°C) until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Invert the cake to the cooling rack and cool it for about 10 minutes. Take it out and cool it completely.
10. Frost the cake with Praline frosting.
11. Serve it immediately.