- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butter Pastry for Pie Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into ½-inch cubes (Lactantia)|
|Ice water||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 729 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76%
Saturated Fat 30.9 g154.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg
Sodium 493.3 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.7% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, put all purpose flour, sugar, and salt. Blend to mix.
2. Add butter to the flour mixture, and bring them together.
3. With the processor running, add just enough ice water to form a ball.
4. On the countertop, sprinkle flour, and turn the mixture. Gather it into a ball. Don’t work too hard.
5. Divide the dough into two pieces, wrap it with plastic, and put it in refrigerator for 1-2 hours before rolling.
6. Bake pie dough with your favorite filling, and serve it hot.
This dough will make 2 deep or 3 shallow 9-inch shells.
You may also refrigerate or freeze the dough for later use.