- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butter Nut Wafers Recipe
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sifted all purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries/Thinly sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2547 Calories from Fat 1220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209.8%
Saturated Fat 66.4 g332%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 455.5 mg
Sodium 1706.6 mg71.1%
Total Carbohydrates 317 g105.7%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 232 g
Protein 32 g64.9%
Vitamin A 62.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 57.8% Iron 34.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat thoroughly.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Add nuts and mix thoroughly.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet.
5. Decorate tops with cherry halves or almonds, if desired.
6. Bake about 5 minutes.
7. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling racks.