- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butter Nut Brittle Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mixed nuts/Unsalted roasted mixed nuts||18 Ounce, dry toasted (3 Cups / 2 Jars Of 9 Ounce Each)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5817 Calories from Fat 2740
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 295 g453.9%
Saturated Fat 60.4 g302.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 4751.8 mg198%
Total Carbohydrates 753 g251%
Dietary Fiber 36 g144%
Sugars 510.2 g
Protein 108 g216.5%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C
Calcium 77.7% Iron 0.32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Lightly butter a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
2) In a large saucepan, place together sugar, corn syrup, and water
3) Put the lid on and heat the sugar to boil.
4) Remove the lid and cook on high heat to 236°F on a candy thermometer or until a teaspoonful of syrup forms a soft ball when dropped in cold water.
5) Fold in nuts gently, boiling the mixture continuously.
6) Raise the heat, stirring continuously, until temperature rises to 280°F on candy thermometer or until a teaspoonful of syrup forms a hard ball when dropped in cold water.
7) Add the butter or margarine into the sugar mixture and continue cooking until the temperature rises to 300°F on candy thermometer or until a teaspoonful of syrup forms thin hard and brittle threads when dropped in cold water.
8) Take the pan away from heat.
9) Whisk in vanilla and dredge soda on the top quickly.
10) Mix well for about 15 seconds, or until mixture puffs up.
11) Transfer into the pan immediately.
12) Allow to cool completely.
13) Crush into bite-size pieces.
14) Place in a container that has a tight-fitting lid and store.
15) Use as desired.