- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Cultured Butter & Buttermilk Recipe Video
|Whole milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.1 mg
Sodium 2381.6 mg99.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 48.9 g
Protein 30 g60.2%
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 0.24%
Calcium 105.7% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bottle, mix 4 cups of milk with 1 ounce of whole fat yogurt.
2. Close bottle with saran wrap and keep in a warm place for 12 hours.
3. After 12 hours, pour the mix into a chilled blender and blend for about 2-5 minutes. This process separates the butter from the milk.
4. Pour out the buttermilk and press the additional buttermilk from the butter. The butter lasts longer without the buttermilk.
5. Add ¼ cup cold water to the buttermilk and blend again.
6. Remove excess water from the butter.
7. Add salt to the butter, if you want. Salting helps preserve the butter.
8. Roll butter into wax paper and mould into container to take shape and store. You can also freeze the butter for storing.
9. You can also add roasted garlic and salt to the butter for flavor.
10. Use the butter for stir frying other recipes or with your bread.
TIPS: If bubbles develop in the bottle, the mix has gone bad.