- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bursting with Berries Bundt Cake Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), diced and softened|
|Kirsch liqueur/Blackberry syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), divided|
|Raspberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Blueberries/Blackberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 872 Calories from Fat 397
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.3%
Saturated Fat 26.9 g134.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 262.6 mg
Sodium 164.8 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 62.1 g
Protein 11 g22.3%
Vitamin A 29.2% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. In a large bowl, place together eggs and sugar, mix well and set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and liqueur or syrup until fluffy.
4. Add butter mixture to egg mixture along with baking powder, salt and all except 2 tablespoons flour.
5. Beat the egg butter mixture until well-blended and no lumps remain; set aside.
6. In a small bowl, place together berries and remaining flour; toss well to coat the berries.
7. Gently fold berries into batter.
8. In a greased and floured Bundt pan pour the batter and bake for about 1 hour until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 20 to 25 minutes.
10. Turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
11. Sprinkle top of cake with powdered sugar.
12. Cut the cake and serve as desired.
Coating the berries with flour prevents them from sinking in the batter.