- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|10 inch flour tortillas||6|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Cooking oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Canned refried beans||16 Ounce (455 Milliliter)|
|Cheddar cheese||375 Milliliter, shredded (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Bottled salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2894 Calories from Fat 1467
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g253.2%
Saturated Fat 92.1 g460.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 411.8 mg
Sodium 6829.6 mg284.6%
Total Carbohydrates 206 g68.7%
Dietary Fiber 38.1 g152.3%
Sugars 26.5 g
Protein 142 g283%
Vitamin A 109.3% Vitamin C 114.8%
Calcium 289% Iron 235.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Firmly wrap the tortilla stack in a foil, place directly over the rack and heat as per the directions until the tortillas are soft.
2) In a saucepan, saute the onion in the oil until just tender. Then stir in the retried beans and cook until thoroughly heated.
3) Spoon 1/3 cup of the bean mixture over each tortilla, top over with 1/4 cup cheese and a tablespoon of the salsa.
4) Fold over the two sides of the tottillas to make an envelope, insert a wooden pick in each to secure and place over the rack with the seam side up.
5) Bake as per the directions until the tortillas are nicely browned.
6) Serve immediately with the heated cheese sauce, sour cream or guacamole.