- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Breakfast Burritos with Scrambled Eggs Topped with Bacon and Salsa Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Grape tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved|
|Half and half||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|7 inch flour tortillas||4|
|Bacon strips||6 , cooked and crumbled|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1191 Calories from Fat 652
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g113.1%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 730.6 mg
Sodium 1798.7 mg74.9%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.4%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 51 g102.9%
Vitamin A 72.4% Vitamin C 133%
Calcium 65.3% Iron 29.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add onion, peppers; sauté for a few minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, sauté a few moments; season w/salt and pepper
4. Beat eggs, half and half; season w/salt and pepper.
5. Add egg mixture to skillet; cook and stir a few minutes or until set.
6. Briefly heat tortillas in microwave or oven until warm.
7. Place tortillas on a clean surface; spoon a generous amount of cooked egg
mixture in the center of each tortilla.
8. Sprinkle bacon, cheese and cilantro on top of egg mixture.
9. Fold tortillas over filling; garnish w/cilantro and salsa.
Visit Salt & Pepper Chefs for more recipes and information!