- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Burren Smokehouse Irish Salmon Boxty Pancakes Recipe Video
|Potato||4 Medium, peeled and shredded|
|Smoked salmon||5 Ounce, sliced|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon||1 , cut into quarters|
|Creme fraiche||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dill weed||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.3 mg
Sodium 266.7 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 54.4%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, add in the flour and milk and whisk together until fairly thick.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk well.
3. Add in the potatoes to the batter and fold well.
4. In a cold frying pan add in the oil and turn heat to medium.
5. Ladle the batter onto the pan until it covers it.
6. Cook slowly for about 4 minutes on each side.
7. Plate the pancakes, add in the salmon pieces, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a little crème fraiche. Sprinkle some freshly chopped dill. Serve hot.