- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Burnt-Almond Candy Recipe
|Almonds||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs), with skins on|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1870 Calories from Fat 789
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g145%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.9 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 241 g80.4%
Dietary Fiber 23.3 g93%
Sugars 207.2 g
Protein 40 g80.9%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C
Calcium 50.5% Iron 39.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a cookie sheet and grease it well.
2) In heavy, medium skillet, combine almonds, sugar, and 1 cup water.
3) Boil the mixture, stirring until sugar melts.
4) Lower the heat; simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, until almonds make a popping sound.
5) Remove the skillet from heat.
6) Mix with a spoon until sugar crystallizes (mixture will become dry).
7) Return skillet to heat; cook over low to medium heat until sugar starts to melt and coats almonds, forming a glaze—15 minutes.
8) On cookie sheet, transfer the sugared almonds to cool.
9) Separate almonds with a fork.
10) Let them cool completely.
11) Serve the almonds at once as snack or store in container with tight-fitting lid, in a cool, dry place for later use.
12) Burnt- almonds may also be used to top puddings and desserts.