- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Burnt Sugar Cake Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar syrup||4 Tablespoon|
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.3 mg
Sodium 202.1 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 53.9 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 22.1% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare brown sugar syrup by melting granulated sugar in a skillet.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F
3. Grease a bunt or cake tin and dust it with flour.
4. In a measuring jug or bowl, combine the milk and sugar syrup.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add butter.
6. Using an electric beater or a wire whisk, cream the butter until soft.
7. Add the sugar to the butter and continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy.
8. Add the syrup milk mixture alternately with the flour, beating at a low speed after each addition, in one direction.
9. Add the eggs, one at a time to the batter, beating in one direction after each addition until all the eggs have been incorporated.
10. Finally add the baking powder and the vanilla together to the batter and mix well.
11. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven.
12. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the cake is springy to touch and a skewer comes out clean
13. Remove from the oven and let cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
14. Invert onto a wire rack and cool completely.
15. Slice the cake.
16. Serve it with tea.