- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Burgul Tomato Pilaf Recipe Video
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|White onions||1 Medium, chopped|
|Bulgar wheat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the garnish|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Green onion bulbs||3 Medium, roots and leaves removed|
|Bell pepper pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced lengthwise|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.5 mg19.8%
Sodium 938.3 mg39.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 20 g40.6%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 55.4%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot add olive oil and turn on heat to medium. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Put the ground beef and cook for 5 minutes or until browned, add burghul and stir.
3. Pour tomato sauce, water and season with salt and black pepper. Stir until well combined.
4. Turn heat to medium-low, add butter on top and cover pot, cook for 20 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes of cooking, fluff up pilaf with a fork and cover again, turn off heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes until fluffy.
6. In a serving plate, serve the pilaf garnished with parsley, green onions and green pepper.