- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Burghul Salad Recipe
|Burghul/Kibble||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Cracked Wheat)|
|Chopped scallions/Shallots||3 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Mint||20 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 0.96 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 102.8 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.7%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 77.8% Vitamin C 77%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drench the burghul or kibble in water for about 30 minutes.
2) Keep aside till they expand.
3) Drain the excess water and cover with a towel and press out as much moisture as possible.
4) Place to dry.
5) Mix spring onions (scallions) or shallots to the burghul or kibble.
6) Press the onions hard so that they break into small pieces and the juices come out.
7) Flavor this with salt, pepper, parsley, mint, olive oil and lemon juice and mix well.
8) Use cucumber and black olives to garnish and serve.