- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Burger Buns Or Hotdog Rolls Recipe
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Bread flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2496 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.6 mg
Sodium 3983.3 mg166%
Total Carbohydrates 462 g154%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.6%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 80 g160.9%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 35.2% Iron 33.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir in honey and yeast. Leave until bubbly.
3. Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
4. Pour in yeast liquid.
5. Mix with a wooden spoon, then with your hands, until dough sticks together.
6. Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead until it is firm, smooth and no longer sticky.
7. Oil the inside of the bowl, and return the dough.
8. Cover the dough loosely with oiled paper. Leave in a warm place until risen and puffy.
9. Oil cookie sheets.
10. Punch dough down. Divide it into 24 equal- sized portions for buns or 16 portions for rolls.
11. Shape into balls if making buns, or into cylinders if making rolls.
12. Flatten buns to 3/4 inch thickness with your hand and place well apart on oiled cookie sheets.
13. Leave in a warm place until puffy.
14. While rising, heat oven to 400°F.
15. Bake buns or rolls for 15 to 20 minutes. Wrap in a cloth, and cool on racks.