- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Burger and Bacon Pie Recipe
|Pie crust sticks||11 Ounce (Package)|
|Bacon slices||4 , chopped|
|Herb flavored stuffing mix||3 Tablespoon|
|Tart apples||1 Pound|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (For Brushing)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2732 Calories from Fat 893
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g155.4%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g84.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.9 mg
Sodium 2074.6 mg86.4%
Total Carbohydrates 331 g110.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.6%
Sugars 47.7 g
Protein 111 g222.3%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 1062.9%
Calcium 55.4% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) Prepare the pie crust as per the package directions. Then on a lightly floured surface, roll out half the pastry and line an 8-inch pie plate. Keep aside.
3) In a skillet, saute the bacon in the melted butter for 2 minutes, then place the patties and cook for a another 2 minutes, turning occasionally, until evenly browned . Stir in the herb stuffing mix, salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
4) Core and slice the apples thinly and place half the slices in the pastry-lined pie plate. Spread the burger and bacon mixture over the apples, then place the remaining apple slices on top.
5) On a lightly floured surface, roll out the rest of the pastry into a circle little larger than the pie plate.
6) Brush the pastry edges with water, then place over the larger pastry circle to form a lid. Press to seal, the edges and the trim off the extra pastry.
7) Shape out some cresents with the pastry trimmings, brush with milk and press onto the pastry lid. Then make a hole in the center and glaze all over with the milk.
8) Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
9) Slice into wedges and serve hot or cold.