- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spinach And Coconut Milk Cheese Dip Recipe Video
|Spinach leaves||2 Pound, washed, blanched, squeezed and chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Jalapeno||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dry roasted|
|Mascarpone cheese/Or other soft cheese||1 Pound|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Green onions||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 845 Calories from Fat 703
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.7%
Saturated Fat 45 g225.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 152.1 mg
Sodium 658.1 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 458.4% Vitamin C 117.9%
Calcium 38.4% Iron 45.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan on medium high, melt butter, sweat the onions for a few seconds until transparent.
2. Pour in the coconut milk, mascarpone cheese, mix well and whisk until the cheese melts on medium low heat.
3. Add jalapenos, peanuts and mix well. Let this simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the spinach leaves and mix well.
5. Season it with salt and pepper to taste. Switch off the heat and get ready to serve.
6. Serve this spinach-coconut milk and cheese dip garnished with green onions and served warm with tortilla chips.