- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bulghur Pilaf Recipe
|Bulgur wheat||1 Cup (16 tbs), rinsed in cool water and drained (Cracked Wheat)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Vegetable broth/Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Homemade)|
|Dried sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried summer savory||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 938 Calories from Fat 343
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.2%
Saturated Fat 23.7 g118.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg
Sodium 1381.8 mg57.6%
Total Carbohydrates 136 g45.3%
Dietary Fiber 35.2 g141%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 22 g43.5%
Vitamin A 76.1% Vitamin C 85.1%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 37.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
3. Spread the bulghur out on baking sheets and dry in the oven.
4. Bulghur can be left whole for a chewy product or cracked by passing through a coffee mill. Store in a closed container in the refrigerator.
5. Melt the butter in a heavy casserole and add 1 cup of the dried bulghur and the onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
6. Add the broth, salt, savory, and parsley. Cover tightly and simmer over low heat until the liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.