- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bugs In A Blanket Recipe
|Refrigerated breadsticks||11 Ounce (1 Can, Original)|
|Smoked sausage links||24 (Cocktail-Size, From 14 Oz Pack)|
|Shoestring potatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (From 1 3/4-Oz Can)|
|Ketchup/Barbecue sauce / mustard||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 334 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 0.83 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 875.9 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preeat oven to 375ÂºF.
2) Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 12 breadsticks.
3) With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each breadstick in half crosswise, making 24 pieces.
4) Wrap each piece of dough around center of each sausage, pinching to seal and leaving each end of sausage showing.
5) On ungreased large cookie sheet, place seam side down and 1/2 inch apart .
6) Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on serving plate or tray. Cool 2 minutes.
8) Insert shoestring potatoes into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae.
9) Decorate "bugs" with dots or stripes of ketchup and serve.