- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buffet Meat Loaf Recipe
|Ground chuck||3 Pound|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), minced|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Madeira wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme||2 Tablespoon, dried|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Hard boiled eggs||8|
Calories 792 Calories from Fat 503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.4%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g107.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 588 mg
Sodium 1404.7 mg58.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 54 g107.9%
Vitamin A 87.2% Vitamin C 37.5%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 34.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, mix together ground chuck, spinach, garlic, bread crumbs, onion, wine, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
3) Add lightly beaten eggs into the mixture and gently toss all the ingredients till combined.
4) In 2 loaf pans with 6 cups capacity, fill in the ground chuck mixture to 1/4 their level.
5) Lay 4 hard-boiled eggs on top of the meat mixture in each loaf pan. Empty all the remaining mixture on top of the eggs.
6) Smooth the top of the pans with a spatula and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
7) Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
8) To serve overturn the loaf pans over the serving platter.
9) Serve as a side dish.