- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||4 Large, diced|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Hot sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (extra hot)|
|Elbow macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs), uncooked|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black peppercorns||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly cracked|
|Cheddar and muenster cheese||3⁄4 Pound, diced|
|Japanese bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Blue cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.2%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.4 mg
Sodium 1883.1 mg78.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 35 g69.9%
Vitamin A 24.6% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 39.7% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Spray the inner surface of a slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a skillet, cook the chicken breasts until browned, set aside in a bowl.
3) In a large frying pan, cook the onions and garlic in hot sauce until the onions are tender.
4) Stir in the chicken breasts until the chicken pieces are thoroughly coated with the sauce mixture.
5) In the slow cooker, add the chicken mixture and spread evenly at the bottom.
6) Then add the uncooked Elbow macaroni, milk, salt, black pepper, Muenster and Cheddar cheese. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
7) In a mixing bowl, add the Japanese bread crumbs, melted butter and blue cheese.
8) Mix the ingredients and spread evenly over the chicken and cheese in the slow cooker.
9) Cover the slow cooker and set it on low for 3 hours.
10) Spoon the Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese on plates and serve immediately.