- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Budget Steak Broil Recipe
|Chuck steak||3 Pound, cut about 1 1/2 inches thick|
|Bottled tomato garlic french dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant unseasoned meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3179 Calories from Fat 2047
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 229 g351.8%
Saturated Fat 84 g420%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 900 mg300%
Sodium 4098.4 mg170.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 216 g432%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium Iron 66.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using French dressing, brush both sides of the steak.
2) Arrange in shallow glass or plastic dish and allow to stand at room temperature 1 hour before cooking.
3) When ready to broil, score the edges of the fat and sprinkle with meat tenderizer as per label directions.
4) Arrange on a broiler rack.
5) Broil as per range manufacturer's directions, or for about 12 to 14 minutes on each side for rare and 16 to 18 minutes for medium.
6) Place the steak on a cutting board and cut around bone.
7) Carve the meat diagonally into slices of 1/2-inch-thickness.