- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buckwheat Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buckwheat groats||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Kasha)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Snipped dill weed||2 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Cabbage||3 Pound (1 Head Of Cabbage)|
|Warm water/Tomato sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1327 Calories from Fat 531
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.2%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1086.6 mg45.3%
Total Carbohydrates 186 g61.9%
Dietary Fiber 43.9 g175.5%
Sugars 62.3 g
Protein 34 g67.6%
Vitamin A 61.9% Vitamin C 900.9%
Calcium 117.3% Iron 132%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add salt, pepper, and 1 quart water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed. Stir in the dill.
3. Meanwhile, core the cabbage and steam over boiling water until the leaves are soft.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Separate the cabbage leaves and place 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of the groats mixture on each big leaf. Roll up, tucking in the sides as you, go. Use two smaller leaves together for making other rolls.
6. Put the rolls seam side down in an oiled baking dish or casserole. Pour the warm water over the rolls until the liquid reaches three quarters of the way up the layers of rolls. Cover and bake for 2 hours, or until cabbage is tender.