- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buckwheat Pasta Salad Recipe
|Buckwheat pasta/Spaghetti||1 1⁄2 Ounce, uncooked (Soba)|
|Spaghetti||1 1⁄2 Ounce, uncooked|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diagonally sliced|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pared, sliced, seeded|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Radish||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diagonally sliced (Green Onions, Green Portion Only)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||1⁄2 Teaspoon, pared, minced|
|Chinese sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 142 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 0.84 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 605.1 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 56.4% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 1-quart casserole, pour 2 cups water and boil in microwave on High for 5 minutes.
2. Add pasta; stir, cover and cook on High for 3 minutes.
3. Add carrot; stir and cook on High for another 2 minutes until the carrots turn tender but crisp.
4. In a colander, transfer the pasta-carrot mixture and cool immediately under cold running water; drain well.
5. In a salad bowl, place the drained pasta-carrot mixture and rest of the ingredients; toss well.
6. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator before serving.