- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe
|Milk||3⁄4 Pint (425 Milliliter)|
|Buckwheat flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.8%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.9 mg
Sodium 120.8 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.4% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For making a liquidizer- Into a bowl, add flours and salt making a well in centre and drop in egg.
2. Whisk in the milk, slowly incorporating flour thereafter beating thoroughly.
3. Or else in case you have a liquidizer add in milk, eggs and salt and switch on for 15 seconds.
4. Thereafter add flours and switch on again for 30 seconds.
5. Heating a frying pan and lightly grease it.
6. Make thin pancakes by adding in a little mixture swirling it around.
7. Let it cook till browning a little underneath and drying on top.
8. Cook other side by tossing or flipping them over.
9. When done, on to a cold plate flip so that they cool quickly which prevents them from becoming leathery.
10. On a plate stack the pancakes when cold, layered with greaseproof paper.
11. It is delicious as a sweet with soured cream and maple syrup.
12. In Brittany they are often filled with ham, eggs and onions.