- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buckwheat Dumplings For Topping Stew Recipe
|Buckwheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pure buckwheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon (Melted Shortening)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1432 Calories from Fat 558
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.5%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.4 mg
Sodium 3693.1 mg153.9%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.4%
Dietary Fiber 25.4 g101.8%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 44 g87.6%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 179.6% Iron 75.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
2. In a measuring jar, combine milk, egg and oil or shortening and whisk until well blended.
3. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients while quickly and lightly stirring.
4. Drop the dumplings into boiling stew or broth using a rounded tablespoon.
5. Cover pan tightly with lid and let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes without stirring.
6. Serve the dumplings and stew while hot.