- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buckwheat Dumplings For Topping Stew Recipe
|Buckwheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pure buckwheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooking oil/Melted shortening||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2281 Calories from Fat 624
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.6%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.4 mg
Sodium 3721 mg155%
Total Carbohydrates 372 g124.1%
Dietary Fiber 50.8 g203.2%
Sugars 22.5 g
Protein 76 g151.6%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 190% Iron 132.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
2. In a measuring jar, combine milk, egg and oil or shortening and whisk until well blended.
3. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients while quickly and lightly stirring.
4. Drop the dumplings into boiling stew or broth using a rounded tablespoon.
5. Cover pan tightly with lid and let simmer for 12 to 15 minutes without stirring.
6. Serve the dumplings and stew while hot.