- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buckwheat Bum Recipe
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Packages)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buckwheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), warm|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, melted (1/2 Stick)|
|Clarified butter||3 Teaspoon|
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206.6 mg
Sodium 205.7 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 11% Iron 26.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, place the yeast and and stir to combine.
2) In another bowl, mix the flours, sugar, and salt.
3) Add the egg yolks and mix well.
4) Add the yeast mixture, water, and melted butter. Mix well.
5) Cover and let the batter rest in a warm place until doubled in bulk, for about an hour.
6) Beat the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks.
7) With a spatula, fold them gently into the batter. Let rest for an hour.
8) In a non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon clarified butter over medium heat.
9) Into the hot skillet, spoon 1 tablespoon of batter per blini cook until light golden brown, for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Turn and cook the other side until just golden brown, for about 1 minute.
10) Transfer to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter. Add more butter to the skillet as necessary. Cook the blini 3 at a time if space permits.
11) Serve hot with tea or any of your favorite drinks.