- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Buckwheat Blini Recipe
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (At 110Â°F)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Preferably Unbleached)|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Buckwheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry curd cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Peaches||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Seedless grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
Calories 757 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.2%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 13.6 mg
Sodium 528.1 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.8%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.9%
Sugars 34.5 g
Protein 36 g71.5%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 28.2% Iron 33.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To make Blini :
1. In a large bowl, combine the water and yeast and set aside to proof for 15 minutes (the yeast will become loamy).
2. Mix in the unbleached flour.
3. Cover and let the batter rise for an hour.
4. Whisk in the milk, buckwheat flour, egg substitute, oil, and honey.
5. Cover and let it rise for 1 hour.
6. In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and fluffy
7. Fold into the batter.
8. Coat a nonstick frying pan or griddle with nonstick spray.
9. Heat over medium-high heat.
10. Drop tablespoon-size mounds of batter into the pan.
11. Cook until browned underneath and nearly dry on the top; turn and cook briefly on the other side.
To make the topping:
12. In a blender, blend the cottage cheese, maple syrup, lemon rind, and vanilla until smooth and transfer to a small bowl.
13. Serve the blini with the topping.
14. Top it up with peaches and grapes.