- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Country Style Spare Ribs Recipe
|Canned sauerkraut||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Apple||1 , cored, diced|
Calories 685 Calories from Fat 483
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.7%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g101.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 176 mg
Sodium 996.8 mg41.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 39 g77.5%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400 Deg F (205 Deg C).
2) Slice the spareribs into medium pieces, season with the salt and pepper; keep on a rack in the baking pan.
3) Brown evenly in the oven for about 15 min on each side; discard the fat.
4) Spoon the sauerkraut into the bottom of a slow cooker, scatter the apple pieces, sprinkle over the sugar, place the ribs on top; cook covered on LOW for about 5 1/2-6 hrs or until the ribs are tender.
5) Serve immediately on a nice dish.