- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brussels Sprouts with Onion and Veg Bacon Recipe Video
|Brussels sprouts||250 Gram|
|White onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Vegan bacon slices||150 Gram, cubed|
|Fresh thyme||20 Gram|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 197.3 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.3%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 216.5%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the Brussels sprouts and make a tiny "x" at the bottom using a knife so that it cooks evenly.
2. In a skillet, pour the water, and steam the Brussels sprouts.
3. Rinse the Brussels sprouts under cool water and set it aside.
4. In the same skillet, pour the oil and fry the cubed bacon until it crispy.
5. Once cooked, take them out and drain them on paper towel.
6. Now pour some olive oil and cook the chopped onion for 5 minutes.
7. Now add in the sprouts and stir that together.
8. Place the Brussels sprouts and the onion in a serving dish, topped with the veggie bacon and seasoned with salt and pepper.