- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brussels Sprouts With Chestnuts Recipe
|Brussels sprouts/Two 10 ounce, packages frozen sprouts, boiled and drained||1 Quart, drained|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked chestnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (Or Canned)|
Calories 251 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 201.6 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.1%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 39.4% Vitamin C 336%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the boiled sprouts in a saucepan and keep warm by lacing the pan over a double boiler.
2. In a sauté pan, melt butter over a low flame
3. Add the flour to the butter when it starts to froth and stir to blend well to make a roux
4. Pour the chicken broth into the pan while stirring continuously to blend well
5. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens
6. Take pan off the heat and season with salt, pepper.
7. Stir in the lime juice and chestnuts.
8. Pour the sauce over the warm sprouts and toss to coat.
9. Serve the sprouts and chestnuts in sauce while warm