- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brussels Sprouts with bacon and Pearl Onions Recipe Video
|Bacon strips||3 , mince|
|Brussel sprouts||750 Gram, halved (fresh or frozen)|
|Pearl onions||750 Gram (fresh or frozen)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon (add more to taste)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.5 mg11.5%
Sodium 300.7 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C 273%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place frying pan on medium high heat, add bacon and fry until just crispy. Transfer it to a bowl, and set it aside.
2. In the same pan, drop Brussels sprouts, cook for 2 minutes or until they are browned and caramelized. Flip and repeat.
3. Add onion, butter, and wine in the pan. Stir, cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
4. Throw bacon back in the pan. Toss well.
5. Pour red wine vinegar to add flavor. Mix well.
6. Serve Brussels sprouts with bacon and pearl onions hot with grilled chicken.
Your sprouts and onion should be cooked but not overcooked.