- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brussels Sprouts Veronique Recipe
|Fresh brussels sprouts||2 Pint|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sauce mix||2 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Required)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||3 Tablespoon|
|Green grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved and seeded|
|Chopped toasted slivered almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From A 5-Ounce Can)|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.6 mg
Sodium 337.8 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 232.5%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using a kitchen shears, trim Brussels sprouts. Then with a knife, cut each sprout in half.
2) In a large saucepan, boil salted water. Add the Brussels sprouts and celery and cook covered for 10 minutes till it becomes tender. Drain the water.
3) In a medium sized bowl, make white sauce by mixing water. Make medium sauce by mixing with mayonnaise or salad dressing.
4) Add in the sauce mix over the Brussels sprouts and heat over low flame. Then fold in the grapes.
5) In a nice serving bowl, spoon in the mixture and decorate with almonds.
6) Serve immediately.