- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brussels Sprouts Lyonnaise Recipe
|Brussels sprouts||450 Gram|
|Light cream||125 Milliliter|
|White pepper||1 Milliliter|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium|
|Flour||45 Milliliter (All Purpose)|
|Sweet white wine||80 Milliliter|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1339 Calories from Fat 717
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g125.5%
Saturated Fat 50.3 g251.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 248 mg
Sodium 614.1 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.8%
Dietary Fiber 22.3 g89.2%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 30 g59.1%
Vitamin A 118.3% Vitamin C 664.6%
Calcium 49.3% Iron 51.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove bottom ends and any wilted leaves from sprouts.
2) In boiling salted water, cook the sprouts for 10 minutes.
3) Drain well and keep warm in a serving bowl.
4) In a saucepan, mix together milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, pepper and onion.
5) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and simmer until onions are soft.
6) In another sauce pan, heat butter and then add in flour.
7) Cook the mixture for 2 minutes over low heat to make a roux.
8) Mix in onion cream and wine and allow the sauce to thicken by simmering for 8-10 minutes.
9) Spoon the sauce over sprouts placed in serving bowl.
10) Serve immediately.