- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brussels Sprouts In Mustard Sauce Recipe
|Frozen brussels sprouts/3/4 pound fresh brussels sprouts||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canola oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.94%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.6 mg
Sodium 478.6 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 22.8% Vitamin C 151.9%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in milk. Place aside.
2) In a saucepan, add ½ cup chicken broth to cook Brussels sprouts. Cover with a lid before placing aside.
3) Use a small skillet to spray with vegetable cooking spray.
4) Add oil and place onion to sauté.
5) Remove from heat and gradually pour in 1 cup chicken broth.
6) Add mustard and pepper to stir in.
7) Place over heat.
8) Slowly pour in the cornstarch mixture into the broth.
9) Stir the liquid constantly for about 5 minutes to make a smooth and thick sauce.
10) Pour the mustard sauce over cooked Brussels sprouts and coat by stirring all together.
11) Serve the preparation at once by adding a dash of paprika, if you wish.