- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Brussels Sprouts and Pecans Recipe
|Frozen brussel sprouts||20 Ounce, thawed (2 Packets Of 10-Ounce Each)|
|Chicken broth||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Boiling)|
|Non fat dry milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Stuffing mix||6 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg
Sodium 603.9 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 19 g38%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 119.1%
Calcium 37.4% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400°F.
2) Boil the brussel sprouts in 1/2-inch salted boiling water till it becomes tender.
3) Arrange the brussels in a 1 1/2-quart greased casserole.
3) In a saucepan, prepare white sauce by sauteing flour in melted margarine till the flour loses its raw flavour.
4) Pour in milk and chicken broth and whisk continously so that no lumps are formed.
5) When the sauce begins to boil, remove from fire and add in the pecans and nutmeg. Mix well.
6) Pour the sauce over the brussels and sprinkle the stuffing mix to cover the top.
7) Bake for about 10 minutes till it turns golden brown on top.
8) Serve the Brussel Sprouts and Pecan dish hot from the oven.